Tuesday, October 13, 2009

sampayan

while i was in the Philippines, i spent a lot of traveling on the road. my parents live on a main highway in Bataan and it would take anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours to get to our destinations. we went out almost every other day and i started finding things i wanted to take photos of off the highway. since there wasn't time to stop for me to take pictures, i memorized landmarks so i would be ready to capture the next time we'd go out. with a fast shutter button finger, i shot from inside a moving van rolling down my window at just the right time.

of the many things i saw out of that van window, i was fascinated by all the clotheslines of laundry hanging out to dry. my auntie asked me why i wanted to take pictures of them. i explained how i liked the different compositions of lines and colors and how resourceful people were in finding places to construct them. next thing you know, everyone in the car started to help me spot them.

here is my "sampayan" collection:

















1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your inspiration for your photographs. They turned out beautiful.