Saturday, June 13, 2009

a restoration


many moons ago my uncle handed me this photo he had been carrying in his wallet. in the image is my maternal grandmother, my mom and four of my uncles.(four more siblings were born since this photo). the size of the print is about 2 x 3 and has been trapped in between clear laminate paper. unfortunately, damage due to age and all sorts of wear and tear from being in a wallet for decades has occurred.

i misplaced this photo since he showed it to me over 10 years ago and it wasn't until recent that i found it. perfect timing. i'm leaving for the philippines in about 7 hours to attend a family reunion and celebrate my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. i decided to restore the photo as best i could and give it as a gift.





i did the best i could in the short amount of time i had. it's tedious work. most likely i'll work on it again but it'll do for now. it'll be such a surprise. especially for my uncle who kept buggin me about where his photo was all this time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Neleh... the before and after of this picture is exquisite! restorations are very tedious... and a lot of work! i'm sure your family is going to love this! you did a really good job on this :)

Stef<3

Unknown said...

ah the wonders of technology