Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day #13: resourceful reusing



during a phone call at work, i had to take some notes down. i didn't have any paper in front of me but i was holding small unopened box of office supplies so i started writing on the top side of it. a coworker was watching me do this with a raised eyebrow. when i ran out of writing space on the top i flipped the box over and started writing again. she laughed and her expression of amazement was priceless. there was no point in running to the printer to get a clean piece of paper when i had cardboard to reuse.

after the call, i opened up the box and emptied its contents. i thought it was cool when another coworker came up to me and offered to cut my notes out from the rest of the box with some scissors. jokingly, she points out the packing tape that was stuck on my piece of cardboard and says, "be sure you take that off before you recycle it because it's not recyclable and it'll slow down the workers at the recycling place when they have to stop to take it off." she followed her remark with, "i really didn't know about the plastic bottle cap thing until you told me about it."

:)

No comments: