Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day #16: stainless steel hydration containers



for my 32nd life anniversary, my hubby got me a klean kanteen. yay! for many moons i've seen these and similar stainless steel water bottles popping up and i really didn't know what the hype was about. there was resistance in wanting to know why more and more of my friends and colleagues were investing in them. then one day after almost poking my eye out from removing a plastic water bottle cap ring and seeing the overflowing recycle bin in my kitchen, the light bulb finally came on as to why it makes sense for me to use one. reduce by reusing and save an eye!

"Stainless steel is 100% recyclable. More than 50% of stainless steel products comes from old remelted stainless steel scrap.

It is years before products made from stainless steel require replacing, so when you consider the total life cost, it is in most cases less costly than many other products."

"Stainless steel is attractive, timeless and safe, and its production process leaves a very low carbon footprint. It just makes
sense."
- article excerpts by Kathleen Bona in "Eco-Friendly Stainless Steel"

No comments: